Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again."
-W.H. Auden


I wish I could believe that magic stayed alive as we grow older. Every year we wish while blowing out candles on birthday cakes for something. At a young age of 4 it was probably to be a princess, then at 10 to be a rockstar, now it's to be able to get a good paying job after going through years of college. The magic in growing up with dreams is gone. When your younger all you want is to get out of the house and be your own person but there's so much more than that, it's a lot of work. I believe that as we get older life can still be an adventure and a good time I just wish it didn't feel so impossible at this age when I look to my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment